Retirement is a time of great transition as you leave your career in the workforce to wake up to the freedom of your own daily agenda. It can be both exciting as well as cause for concern as you prepare for a major life adjustment. If you are already retired or about to make that decision, you will likely have many questions such as:
- All of my working years I received a paycheck every week, two weeks or month. Once retired, how do I coordinate all of my various investments such as (401(k), 403(b), IRAs, Roth IRAs, Trust or other taxable assets, deferred compensation, pension, or variable annuity) into a monthly retirement paycheck?
- Is my portfolio too aggressive now that I am transitioning from the accumulation stage to the ongoing distribution phase of retirement?
- Do I have a plan for when to begin my IRA distributions, or should I wait until age 70 ½ when Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) must begin?
- Is my portfolio being managed in a tax aware manner?
- What is my strategy for when to begin collecting Social Security?
- Do I have confidence that I won’t outlive my money?
- What pension option should I choose? A lump sum, or some other monthly distribution option?
- If something happens to me, who will manage our investments and make sure my spouse or significant other is taken care of financially?
Our comprehensive Wealth Management Process (retirement planning, investment management and financial planning) is designed for the delegator retiree that wants to transition from the stresses of the working years and focus on the things they feel are most important to them such as family, friends, personal interests, travel and working on their “bucket list.”