We work with high net worth clients from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds. Each of our clients have a unique set of dreams, personal goals and financial situations. As diverse as our client base is, they all share common life stages. We have designed our comprehensive Wealth Management Process to focus on clients in the key life stages of Pre-Retirement, Retirement and Life Transitions.
Approximately five to ten years before retirement is a crucial time in planning for a successful retirement. In the pre-retirement years, you want to have confidence that you are on track to meet your retirement goals as your window for major financial changes is narrowing.
Retirement is a time of great transition as you leave your career in the workforce to wake up to the freedom of your own daily agenda. It can be both exciting as well as cause for concern as you prepare for a major life adjustment. If you are already retired or about to make that decision, you will likely have many questions such as:
- All of my working years I received a paycheck every week, two weeks or month. Once retired, how do I coordinate all of my various investments such as (401(k), 403(b), IRAs, Roth IRAs, Trust or other taxable assets, deferred compensation, pension, or variable annuity) into a monthly retirement paycheck?
- Is my portfolio too aggressive now that I am transitioning from the accumulation stage to the ongoing distribution phase of retirement?
- Do I have a plan for when to begin my IRA distributions, or should I wait until age 70 ½ when Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) must begin?
- Is my portfolio being managed in a tax aware manner?
- What is my strategy for when to begin collecting Social Security?
- Do I have confidence that I won’t outlive my money?
- What pension option should I choose? A lump sum, or some other monthly distribution option?
- If something happens to me, who will manage our investments and make sure my spouse or significant other is taken care of financially?
Our comprehensive Wealth Management Process (retirement planning, investment management and financial planning) is designed for the delegator retiree that wants to transition from the stresses of the working years and focus on the things they feel are most important to them such as family, friends, personal interests, travel and working on their “bucket list.”
As much as we all make financial plans for the future, life is unpredictable. If you are facing a major life transition you will likely have many questions. Below are some of the most common life transitions where we have been able to provide advice, direction and financial guidance through our comprehensive Wealth Management Process (retirement planning, investment management and financial planning).
Widows, Widowers and Divorce - Have you recently lost a spouse or partner or experienced a divorce? You may be overwhelmed with financial decisions and could use a financial expert to help guide you in this difficult time.
Business Sale - Have you recently sold a business and are now struggling to determine how to transition financially to retirement, or turn a lump sum into a monthly income plan for life? We can help you coordinate your financial affairs, provide financial management and efficiently transfer the proceeds from your business sale into an ongoing income stream, allowing for a worry free transition to your next phase in life.
Inheritance - Has a recent inheritance provided you with an opportunity to make a great change in your financial life? We can help you analyze your options, organize priorities and ensure your new wealth is properly managed to meet new financial goal expectations.