David J. Fernandez, CFP®A Financial Advisor with over twenty years experience in the financial planning and investment advisory industry. He is the founder of Wealth Engineering, LLC, a Fee-Only Registered Investment Advisor Firm in Scottsdale, Arizona.
David graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance. He completed his Financial Planning Certificate from the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado and has passed the board examination earning the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation. David has also completed numerous NASD and regulatory licenses.
Prior to founding Wealth Engineering, LLC in 2003, David was an Investment Manager and Financial Planner with The Vanguard Group, where he managed investment portfolios and provided financial planning to a significant number of high net worth individuals and families.
David is considered an expert in his field and has been widely quoted in various national and local media such as: The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, MSN Money, Business Week, Dow Jones Market Watch, The Arizona Republic, Index Universe, Research Magazine, Financial Advisor Magazine and Investment News. Please click the “In The News” tab for examples of videos and articles David has been quoted in.
David has participated in numerous public outreach opportunities to provide financial education to consumers such as Kiplinger Magazine’s Hotline assisting their readership with financial concerns, providing financial articles of interest to the readership of Investopedia.com, providing financial guidance to the readership of The Arizona Republic’s Money Line, and organizing and directing the Phoenix Chapter of the Financial Planning Association’s Financial Planning Week.
David is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, a former director and current member of the Phoenix Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, a member of the Central Arizona Estate Planning Council and a participant in the Fee-Only Network.
Most of his time outside of work is spent with his wife, daughter and son. He also enjoys mountain biking, hiking and reading. In addition, he is also is a big supporter of all sports related to his ASU Sun Devils.
Why Wealth Engineering
The distinguishing factors that should cause you to consider Wealth Engineering are the following:
- As a NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor, Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), we take a “fiduciary oath” that requires us to manage your affairs as if your money was our money. You can learn more about the benefits of working with a fiduciary by reading our article “What Is A Fiduciary And Why Does It Matter.”
- We are 100% independent. We have access to the whole universe of investment opportunities and are not affiliated with nor beholden to any particular investment company.
- You will always deal with the Principal of the firm, David Fernandez, a professional advocate in your corner helping you align your goals with your capital resources. Our dedication and expertise will help guide you to financial success and peace of mind.
- We have over two decades of experience working with high net worth individuals through all phases of up and down markets. It’s important to work with someone that can provide a steady hand when markets are volatile. We will help you maintain perspective and stay focused on your long-term goals by not letting the emotions of a volatile market influence you to detour from a well thought out long-term strategy.
- We are “Fee-Only”. This means we do not sell any financial products. We will only provide advice that is 100% objective and in your best interest. For a greater understanding of fee-only, please read our article “What Is the Difference Between Fee-Only and Fee-Based?”
- We won’t manage your money until we have a thorough understanding of what matters most to you. We have a holistic and comprehensive process that starts with taking a deep dive into your personal financial situation to understand your values, financial goals, resources and personal financial history.
- We worry about your money so you don’t have to. We work best with delegators who would rather focus on more personally rewarding things in life such as their family, friends, life goals, personal interests and travel.
Wealth Engineering is an independent, fee-only Registered Investment Advisor serving the greater Phoenix area. Wealth Engineering was founded by financial advisor David J. Fernandez, CFP®. The firm is located in Scottsdale, Arizona with an additional office in Glendale.
As a Certified Financial Planner™ and fiduciary for our clients, our comprehensive Wealth Management service is a combination of ongoing investment management and financial planning services tailored to your specific financial needs and life goals. Our comprehensive service provides great value for those who are within five to ten years of retirement, recently retired or experiencing a life transition.
Financial planning services may consist of retirement planning, estate planning, Social Security and Medicare planning, college planning, tax planning and risk management.
We work with a select group of high net worth individuals who want to experience a financially successful retirement. The key benefits we provide to our clients are:
- Bring clarity and confidence to your financial life goals.
- Serve as a sounding board to help you make prudent financial decisions.
- Simplify the complex and bring order to your financial life.
- Bridge the gap between where you are now financially to where you want to be.
- Remove the responsibility and burden of managing and coordinating your financial affairs, allowing you the opportunity to focus on those things most important to you, such as family, friends, personal interests, life goals and travel.
In short, we help provide financial peace of mind.
We are a proud member of the following organizations:
The mission of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding it as the recognized standard of excellence for personal financial planning. The Board of Directors, in furthering CFP Board’s mission, acts on behalf of the public, CFP® certificants and other stakeholders.
NAPFA, the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, is the nation’s leading organization dedicated to the advancement of Fee-Only comprehensive financial planning. Consumers and the media look to NAPFA for access to financial advisors who meet the highest standards for professional competency, comprehensive financial planning and Fee-Only compensation.
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is a leadership and advocacy organization connecting those who provide, support and benefit from professional financial planning. FPA is the Heart of Financial Planning™ and represents a promise of financial well-being, hoping to create a world where everyone thrives and prospers.